Skillful Georgia Lawyers Handle Homeowners Association Matters
St. Simons Island firm represents Glynn County and Southeastern Georgia residents and boards
Living in a residential subdivision governed by a homeowners association (HOA) can have significant advantages and disadvantages. As attorneys with 55 years of experience, the lawyers of Choate Harris P.C. understand how to protect the rights of property owners and association boards when problems arise. Successful HOAs follow rules of transparency and due process that build trust with members. Our firm, located on St. Simons Island, follows the same principles: we emphasize integrity at all times while helping clients make positive choices.
Attorneys assist with disputes involving condominium and property owners
Throughout Glynn County and the surrounding area, our lawyers represent HOAs as well as the owners of houses, condominiums and other property that are subject to community association rules. The firm’s business law background, which includes mediating and litigating shareholder disputes, is readily transferable to disagreements between HOA boards and members concerning issues such as:
- Alleged breaches of fiduciary duty by associations and developers
- Construction problems and defects
- Americans with Disabilities Act and fair housing claims
- Enforcement of association rules
- Past-due collections
- Foreclosures and liens
- Insurance matters
- Governance and regulation issues
- Repair and improvement cost concerns
No matter how complex or controversial your situation might be, our commercial litigators are prepared to protect your interests during conflicts with vendors, service providers and government agencies.
Dedicated advisers simplify HOA transactions and governance
Our transactional experience helps HOAs and their members establish a legal structure that fosters smooth operation with regard to governance, member relations, liability protection and maintenance. Specific tasks that the firm handles include:
- Providing legal advice concerning the proper scope of HOA rules relating to property appearance, resident age, parking, use of common areas and other issues
- Advising on appropriate penalties for violators, such as fines and denial of community privileges
- Negotiating of bank loans and reviewing financial arrangements
- Drafting, reviewing and amending bylaws, standard operating procedures, parliamentary procedures, rules for due process, covenants, conditions and restrictions, and articles of incorporation
- Contract formation and analysis
- Advising potential owners on rights and responsibilities under Georgia’s homeowners association laws
- Risk assessment and advice on remediation and allocation
We understand how important it is to maintain the value of your home and the sanctity of your community. That is why our experienced attorneys deliver ethical, effective counsel in every case pertaining to homeowners, condo and community associations.
Contact a knowledgeable Georgia lawyer for advice on a homeowners association matter
Choate Harris P.C. assists clients in the Glynn County area with issues relating to homeowners and community associations. Please call 912.324.5216 or contact us online to schedule an appointment at our St. Simons Island office.